Buzz Franchise Brands (BFB) is a fast-growing multi-brand franchising company in the home services industry, and we’re looking for an energetic and hard-working Senior Accountant to join our finance team. The Senior Accountant will work closely with the Vice President of Finance and key leaders of the franchise brands, ensuring that company financial statements are in line with management’s requirements and industry standards. This position reports to the Vice President of Finance and is based at our company headquarters in Virginia Beach, Virginia.
The position is available now. If you are an outgoing, energetic, and organized self-starter looking for a professional challenge and the opportunity for growth in a range of areas, this could be the ideal position for you.
- Reviews and justifies expense reports and other employee expenditures.
- Processes payables and receivables.
- Prepares monthly journal entries.
- Completes month end close of financials and handles bank reconciliations.
- Assists in external annual financial audit.
- Handles special projects as requested by management.
- Displays vast knowledge of math and exceptional accounting skills.
- Possesses strong leadership, supervisory and management abilities.
- Exhibits strong computer skills including Microsoft Excel.
- Demonstrates extensive knowledge of financial software programs (Intacct preferred).
- Possesses exceptional organizational skills and is an effective time manager and multi-tasker.
- Demonstrates good interpersonal skills along with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Has a working knowledge accepting accounting practices and financial accounting standards.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or a related field.
- MBA or CPA preferred.
- 3+ years in an accounting/finance related field.
Qualified applicants should send a resume, cover letter, and writing samples to email@example.com, with “Accountant - Buzz Franchise Brands” in the email subject line.